Monday, July 12, 2010

"There's a bike in the kitchen!" - Jeremiah Satterly


Well, it's been a few days, so let's start with Saturday. We ran a 5K in Lancaster on Saturday. Katrina, Bobbie, and Twila all placed first in their age groups! YAY! My time was 29:12 which was to be expected due to the extreme number of hills along the course. We have another race this coming Saturday in Stanford. I love the course for this race, so hoping for a better time! :) Sunday began with a five mile run with Bobbie. It was hard to get up and do it after those hills on Saturday, but we were strong and made it through. I also was able to try out my new Running Chics tank and my new Thorlo Experia Multi-Sport socks (sock review coming soon)!
One thing I've been really wanting to do lately is to start cycling on my days off from running just to have some variety to my workout, so I've been looking at bikes. While at the mall on Sunday with my friend Jessica, I found one I liked at Dicks, so I put it on hold until I could call my very knowledgeable cousin, Scott. I called him on the way home and he gave me the 'thumbs up' seal of approval, so Jeremiah and I went back and picked it up that night. I'm so excited, but a little scared. I seriously don't think I've been on a bike since the age of 13, but I'm going to try my best! I guess I just have to get used to it. One of Jeremiah's questions on the way home was, "Where are you going to keep it?". Hmmm...."In the building" was my response. Well, the building is the man cave, so it can't go there. So now Jeremiah's favorite thing to say is, "There's a bike in the kitchen!" And I guess that's where it will stay! :) I love my husband! Enjoy the pics!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on your new toy - that is so exciting. I can't wait to hear all about it. I keep going back and forth on the whole bike thing - I'm so undecided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of bike did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep mine in our kitchen too! You should come with the Wednesday night bike group. I've been the past 2 weeks. It's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete