Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award - TWICE!



WOW! In the past three weeks, I have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award not once, but TWICE! Since I never posted about it the first time, I'll give credit to both bloggers who honored me with the award. First, it was given to me by Bobbie at Journey in Running (click here for Bobbie's blog). Then, it was given to me by Kayla at Running Through Life (click here for Kayla's blog). Bobbie and I are running buddies, and Kayla gave me the award because we have the same blog name! :)

So, here's the deal. I have to share 7 things about myself, pass the award on to 5 other bloggers, and let them know that I've awarded them. So, here goes...

1. I am huge, make that HUGE, Pittsburgh Steelers fan! My Terrible Towel does more waving from my couch than half of the towels at the game! I can't honestly say what my favorite part of Steeler football is, but I can say that I think it's fabulous that they are one of the oldest and followed franchises, and they don't have cheerleaders! I love cheerleaders, don't get me wrong (I cheered in high school and college), but for a football team to not have cheerleaders, they shows that winning is the only thing that matters. My favorite people in Steeler football? Troy Polamalu, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Mike Tomlin, and Dick LeBeau.




2. I love my school friends! I work at an elementary school here in my hometown, and I have some awesome friends who work alongside me. They each have their own special personalities and quirks about them, and that's why I love them.


3. My husband has a first love, ME! But, he has a second love also. FISHING! He fishes whenever he can. Rain, snow, cold, heat, he loves to fish! I'm so glad that he has something that he loves the way I love running. Although we don't have the same hobby, it's nice that we both have a hobby at all.


4. I play the Appalachian dulcimer. If you don't know what that is, it's a zither (a string instruments that lies across your lap while you play it). Also, it's the official state instrument of the state of Kentucky. I began to play the dulcimer after seeing it at an arts training I attended several years ago. I just recently purchased my first handmade dulcimer from a man named Warren A. May in Berea, Kentucky.


5. I love to act! I am a thespian at a local theatre called West T. Hill Community Theatre. I have been in one musical ("Radio Gals"), two plays ("To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Our Leading Lady"), and have hopes of getting a role in "Oklahoma" this July.
6. I am a closet Justin Bieber fan! Being a music teacher, I know talent when I hear it. Now, with that said, get past the fact that all the teenage girls only like him because they think he's dreamy. Just listen to him...he's uber talented!

7. Last but not least, I have a niece and nephew who absolutely rock my world!



Now...who to choose...

My winners are...

1. Kris from Gotta Run

2. Charlie from Miles to Go

3. Ruby from My First

4. Karen from West T. Hill

5. The Green Girl at Journey of a Running Green Girl

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got this! I am also an elementary teacher and am currently trying to find a job. My husband also loves loves loves to fish, rain or shine, snow or sleet!

    ReplyDelete