Top Ten Reasons Why Today's 12 Miler was an EPIC FAIL...
10. It turned into a 10 miler (reason coming).
9. I hadn't had anything to eat except for a cup of coffee...STUPID!
8. I put on WAY too much clothing.
7. I was burning up, but had the chills the entire time.
6. I had to stop several times due to feeling like I was going to be sick.
5. I stopped on Bluegrass Pike to watch two cows fighting with one another. HILARIOUS!
4. The smell of the BBQ Festival on Main Street was a little distracting.
3. I didn't drop any water and didn't wear my belt.
2. I didn't keep the pace I wanted.
And the number one reason why my 12 miler was an EPIC FAIL is...
1. The reason my 12 miler became a 10 miler - I refused to battle the ten vultures in the middle of the road, so I turned around and ran back to my car. I could just see them eating me alive! :)
You know...I'm glad I have positive outlook though. I'm running the LSC Half Marathon next weekend, so since this run was such a letdown, that means next weekend will be GREAT! Chalk it up and move on to the next one!