Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Training Week - CHECK!


Well, the mileage was supposed to be 4, 5, 4, and 11. I figure as long as we stick to it most of the time and don't cheat on the long runs, we are doing pretty good. I did 2 at boot camp on Monday, 4 on the treadmill, 4 more on the treadmill, and 3.1 in a 5K race on Saturday. As far as I can tell, this is the correct mileage, just not in the right order and not in three runs. Oh well!


All of the shorter runs during the week were very pleasant runs. Still hate the treadmill, but I'm definitely getting faster on the treadmill. Boot camp is hard to stomach at 5:20 in the morning, but the speed work and the stronger core are definitely things I was lacking as a runner. It may be hard to get out of the bed in the mornings, but it is making me a better, more efficient runner.


Now, as for the 11 miler. Bobbie and I knew that after running a 26:36 5K on Saturday, we wouldn't be that swift for our 11 on Sunday. Our goal? To stay under an 11 minute mile for the entire length of the run. Did we meet that goal? YES! That's all that matters, right? I finished my 11 in 1 hour and 56 minutes flat. Not the best time in the world, but perfectly fine with me if I need to add 15 more miles onto that. It didn't help that the wind that morning was brutal. If I had been running on the treadmill, the wind would have been the equivalent of bumping the incline all the way up on the treadmill. Not to mention the hills on our course were ungodly!

But, all in all, a good run. The weather was fabulous, as you can tell in the pic. I didn't post all the pictures Bobbie took. You can see them here: Bobbie's Blog.
Don't forget my Fit Chic Headband Giveaway: ENTER HERE
Have a good rest of the week!


3 comments:

  1. nice job on your long run. that is a good pace after that speedy 5km

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have to write down the things you do in boot camp for me so I can try to get up and do them also!

    ReplyDelete