Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Only 5 weeks to go!

So, we are closing in on the finish line of this pregnancy. Only five more weeks! (Give or take.) Here's a pic!



I have pretty much stopped running, about a week and a half ago. I'm sticking to walking and riding my bike on the trainer at home. I figure as long as I'm keeping up some kind of cardio for the next five weeks, I'm still being active. My motivation at this point is that it will make labor much easier.

My husband and I are getting so excited to meet our little Chapman! He's already turned and I feel like I can feel him moving lower everyday. His movements aren't as high as they used to be and I'm experiencing back pain and some pain in my pelvic area. Hopefully that means he will be here soon!

On a running note, I'm trying to decide what I want to be my first big race back in the game. I am honestly having long run withdrawals! I miss the long run so much and I miss the half marathon. I can't wait to run a half marathon, but I want to make sure that I'm ready for it when I do. I don't want to go out there and not be able to perform the way I did before I was pregnant. So, that means giving myself plenty of training time.

With that said, if he's born at the end of August as planned, I could be ready to run one by December, I think. Anyone have any suggestions for a good half marathon to run in December or after?

No comments:

Post a Comment