Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday...

Just a few thoughts for Monday...


1. I got a new job! I officially have my first job as a guidance counselor at a middle school in the school system in which I already teach! :) I am nervous, but so very excited about this new venture in life. GO BULLDOGS!


2. I am competing in my second duathlon on Sunday to benefit the Markey Cancer Center in Lexington, Kentucky. I have been riding my bike a lot lately, so I feel ready for it. The bike is in the shop getting a tune-up as we speak. The only part that worries me, and always does, is the run after the bike. Jello legs!


3. I miss my runniing buddy! Right now, I'm teaching in the morning, getting into a new job, in a play that rehearses several nights a week, among other things. What does this mean? Not much time to run with my girl, Bobbie. I'm having withdrawals!!!


4. I recently invested in a semi-minimal shoe, the Brooks Green Silence. Can we say AWESOME? I absolutely love them! They look and feel fabulous, and they really do make me feel faster!


5. I promise to be a better blogger. Sometimes life gets in the way, but I promise I will be reading and commenting more!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! ::cheers::

    Did you just say you got a green shoe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the actual colors are black and aqua. But yes, green in the eco sense, yes. It's made by Brooks and it's called the Green Silence. Making the world green, one step at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job. That is awesome. I know who you feel when you say your missing your running buddy. Mine got a job and is taking some of those 10wk fitness at gym. Her new job paid for most of it so how could she not jump at the chance. But I'm bummed that I dont get to run with her either.Hopefully we will get our running partners back soon. I looked at these shoes they look awesome. But I'm a Saucomy fan so I opted for the Saucomy Kinvara. Congrats on your new Brooks they are rad.

    ReplyDelete